Monday, February 9, 2009

My Schedule

Location:
Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida

Monday February 9th
Echocardiogram

Tuesday February 10th
Blood tests (no eating for 12 hours)
Consultation with Cardiologist Dr. Joseph Blackshear
TransEsophageal Echo Cardiogram - Also know as the Garden hose down the throat test, see my earlier post.

Wednesday February 11th
Cardiac Catheterization - This sounds like no fun at all.
Surgery preparation including shaving large parts of my body that I prefer not to have shaved.
I may or may not stay at the hospital Wednesday night, that will be determined by the doctors after the catheterization

Tuesday February 17th (changed from Thursday February 12th)
This is the big day. My surgeon is Dr. Kevin Landolfo

I expect to be in the hospital about a week. My recovery at Mom & Dad's house should take four to six weeks.

2 comments:

Phizzy K. said...

Thank you for the schedule. I wish you didn't have to do an of this, but the alternative is unacceptable. Think of us and how we love you as you're going under.
Phizzy

Joe Edenfield said...

Ken, I have been checking your blog weekly. I will say a prayer for You. Keep laughing if you can, it's the best medcine.