Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I spent Thanksgiving day with Mom and Dad. Grandpa made the drive from Daytona Beach (about 90 miles each way). Grandpa is 92 and still healthy. In fact he looks pretty much the way he always has. We had a great meal and enjoyed our time together. Tomorrow Mom and Dad are driving me home to Raleigh. It will be great to see my son Max, who is home from college. I have much to be thankful for.

Although tired, I am feeling better each day. Best of all, I have gained 4 pounds since the antibiotics were started.

I am thankful for my family and all the friends who have offered me prayers and best wishes. Here is wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I'm sure your family is sleeping better now too.
Vivian C.

Anonymous said...

Ken, I'm so glad you are feeling better. What a scary thing to occur! Wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you!
Best regards, Gail Bamford

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,
Wonderful to hear that you were able to spend Thanksgiving at your parents and that you were able to see your son.
We are all thinking of you!
Jen Niedel

Anonymous said...

Ken, Sorry to hear of your health problem. We'll pray for you. That was funny about your 7th grade football injury. Did Lee Tames knock your jock off back then (LOL). Take care and call me sometime (256) 312-0221